All classes are in Usui Reiki Ryoho. Most classes available in classroom settings, privately, or at a distance via Skype. Contact Karen for private classes or Skype sessions.
10/3/2020 3 to 6 PM PDT - Online Reiki Master-Teacher class and attunement live via Zoom video conferencing.
Usui Reiki Ryoho Classes and Attunements
Karen is a Usui Ryoho Reiki Master/Teacher who provides private instruction and public classes and attunements for this modality.
First Degree Reiki (Shoden)
Karen's Books about Reiki
In First Degree Reiki, you will learn to provide hands-on Reiki for you, family members, friends, and pets. Included in the course:
Second Degree Reiki (Okuden)
In Second Degree Reiki, you will learn to deepen your practice.
Included in the course:
Master-Teacher Degree Reiki (Shinpiden)
Karen offers a Reiki Master-Teacher course once a year in the fall in Portland, Oregon. Dates to come. With the Reiki Master-Teacher level training and attunement, you can teach others to use Reiki and attune them to all three levels of Reiki. Included in the course:
Live Online Reiki Master-Teacher Degree
With the Reiki Master-Teacher level training and attunement, you can teach others to use Reiki and attune them to all three levels of Reiki. Included in the course:
Pre-requisite: First Degree Reiki practitioner and attunement, Second Degree practitioner and attunement.
Reiki for Animals, Plants, and Objects
- How to work with animals, plants, and objects both hands on and at a distance
- How to assess an animal's needs
- Information specific to using reiki with animals, plants, and objects
- Hand positions for animals
Advanced Energy Healing Methods for Reiki Practitioners
Pre-requisite: First, Second, or Master-Teacher Degree Reiki
Take your Reiki practices to the next level using advanced energy healing techniques in conjunction with channeling Reiki energy. By combining modalities, you can strengthen Reiki energy and treat the whole person.
In this hands-on workshop, you will learn:
- Consultative healing partner intake that allows you to create a joint intention for the session and work with that intention throughout the session.
- Coaching your healing partner to use intention, affirmation, visualization, and self-healing techniques between sessions.
- Using touch techniques (tapping, stroking, and touch) to focus on specific energetic and physical issues.
- Strengthening, focusing, and directing Reiki energy using Quantum Touch® techniques.
- Using sound healing, vocalization, and sacred sound instruments to work with your Reiki practice.
- Chakra clearing and balancing techniques.
- Using crystals in your Reiki practice.
- Working with sacred geometry in your Reiki practice.
- Working with aroma and color in your Reiki practice.
- Creating your sacred Reiki space using energy techniques and feng shui principles.
- 1 set harmoniously tuned Tibetan tingshas ($10 to $60). Karen recommends these.
- 1 Tibetan ghanta (bell) and dorje set, any tuning ($30 to $60). Karen recommends these.
- 1 Tibetan singing bowl made from bell metal bronze or seven sacred metals (not brass or crystal) (price varies widely). Karen recommends a master quality bowl from Bodhisattva.
- Any crystals you wish to bring
Learn how to bring your own intuition into your Reiki practice using one of the pillars of Reiki, chiryo. This class provides practical tips for using your intuition and plenty of practice to allow intuition to flow and adapt your Reiki sessions to the intuitive information you receive. You'll also learn how to strengthen your intuition and how to conduct a fully intuitive session. This is a great way for Reiki practitioners of any degree to take their practice deeper. Pre-requisite: You must be attuned to First, Second, or Master-Teacher Degree Reiki.
The Business of Reiki: Running Your Reiki Business Like a Pro
In this class, Karen helps you understand laws regarding Reiki in your state, discusses healing partner consultation and intake, helps you learn how to appropriately document, and provides information about other business best practices such as liability insurance, marketing, and HIPAA. Pre-requisite: First Degree Reiki certification and attunement.
Reiki Life Coaching
Learn how to coach your healing partners through goal setting, visualization and affirmation, and other practical aspects in conjunction with Reiki. Pre-requisite: First and Second Degree Reiki certification and attunement.
Pre-requisite: First Degree Reiki certification and attunement
Dr. Usui's Reiki Techniques
Deepen Your Reiki Practice
Reiki sprung from Dr. Mikao Usui's roots as a Buddhist, and many of the Buddhist roots of Reiki are not practiced in the West. Use Buddhist traditions and Western traditions to deepen your personal practice as a Reiki practitioner not only for personal enrichment, but so you can enhance the treatment you provide to your healing partners. This is for all levels of Reiki practitioners, although you must be attuned to at least First Degree Reiki to take the class.
The Art of Teaching Reiki
This class moves beyond the Reiki Master-Teacher training and attunement, helping you to develop your curriculum, write your Reiki manual, and offering specific techniques for teaching Reiki classes. You must be a Reiki Master-Teacher to take this class.
Reiki Master-Teacher Practicum
Pre-requisite: Reiki Master-Teacher Degree and attunement