So - as a thanks, I've brewed you up a special batch of tasty tea, something I like to call Transformation Tea. It uses the magic of the beautiful color-changing tea made with butterfly pea flowers (you can order it on Amazon); or, for those looking for something a little...stronger...you can also use a butterfly pea flower gin such as Empress 1908 gin. Why this ingredient? Because butterfly pea flowers make a beautiful cornflower blue tea that, when it comes in contact with acidic ingredients, transforms into a beautiful violet color.
Butterfly pea flower as an ingredient can also help decrease stress, induce calmness, refresh your mind, and bring positive energy into your life; so, it's the perfect beverage to consume as you work on your own personal transformation! Also in the tea is hibiscus and honey syrup (homemade), which is loaded with beneficial antioxidants to support your overall health.
Ready for your recipe? Here it is. Remember, don't stir this; serve it in all its beautiful layers, and then let the person you serve it to stir with a glass straw.
- 2 ounces honey hibiscus simple syrup (combine equal parts boiling water and honey and then steep with hibiscus blossoms for 10 minutes and chill)
- 3 ounces pineapple juice
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 ounces butterfly pea flower tea, chilled
- In a collins glass filled with ice, pour in the cooled syrup.
- Carefully add the pineapple juice over the syrup (don't stir).
- Squeeze the lemon juice on top of the pineapple juice.
- Pour the butterfly pea flower tea over the top. It will turn from a cornflower blue to a lovely violet as you do (the pea flower tea changes color with the pH of the lemon juice).
- Carefully slide in a glass straw so you don't disturb the layers and serve it - let whomever you are serving it to stir so they can see the layers.
- Looking for a boozy version? Replace the butterfly pea flower tea in the last step with an equal amount of Empress 1908 gin or another butterfly pea flower gin.