- Start with freshly cleansed crystals.
- Lie on your back in a comfortable place where you won't be disturbed.
- Place each of the above crystals on the corresponding chakra. For the crown chakra, place the crystal just above the crown of the head on the surface you're lying on. For the root chakra, place the crystal just below the root between your legs.
- Close your eyes and breathe deeply until you are relaxed. Breathe in through your nose, noticing the air move into your stomach, and then breathe fully out through your mouth.
- Visualize each of your chakras as a wheel of like rotating in a clockwise direction. See the energy from each crystal blending with the light from each chakra. Notice if you can't visualize the chakra rotating, its color, or if it rotates in the opposite direction. These are all signs of unbalanced energy in that chakra.
- Then, imagine white light entering from the top of your head and passing through each chakra and crystal, moving down from crown to root. Notice if you have difficulty visualizing any chakras or noticing the white light moving through each. These are where imbalances are. Stay with those chakras before moving onto the next; feel the energy from the crystal loosening and balancing that chakra before moving onto the next.
- Once the light has worked its way down through the root chakra, visualize it moving back upwards, noting if it sticks on any chakra.
- Continue to move the light up and down the chakras until you notice it flows freely through each without sticking.
- Finish by running the light down through your root chakra and embedding itself into the earth to ground you.
Your heart chakra is the connection between your upper chakras of mind and spirit (throat, third eye, crown) and your lower chakras of body and emotion (root, sacral, solar plexus).
It is in the heart that we confront issues of forgiveness of self and others, unconditional love, compassion, and kindness. When we experience grief, it originates in our heart chakra, and through the power of unconditional love we can turn it into forgiveness, compassion, and empowerment.
In our heart chakra, our physical meets our spiritual, and it all mixes into this beautiful whole we call our embodied selves. It is into our heart chakras we can venture when we slip out of balance.
Try this. Close your eyes. Place your hands over your heart chakra and breathe deeply into it. Think of someone or something that makes you feel deep love. Now, visualize that love spreading throughout your entire body, traveling with your heartbeat through your veins into your extremities and organs, traveling through your lungs and breathing out into the universe. Breath in the unconditional love the universe has for you and breathe out all the love you feel so it fills the world around you with its vibration. Do this when you are hurt, angry, worried, scared, sad, grieving, judgmental, stressed, unfocused, or experiencing any other negative emotion. Allow yourself to move into your heart chakra and feel the love that resides there. This is the basis of who you are. It is the underlying structure of the entire universe. Love waits peacefully there inside of you, ready for you to remember it and accept it as your true state of being.