I remember after my First Degree Reiki class and attunement, I wasn't quite sure what to do with the Reiki or how to incorporate it into my life. I took every opportunity I could find to channel the energy and was always seeking situations where it would be beneficial. Reiki was on my mind a lot back then.
Now a few years down the line with the daily practice of Reiki in my daily life and the number of Reiki students I have taught and attuned in the triple digits, I almost don't notice when I am incorporating Reiki into my life because it is such a part of what I do each day. And Reiki comes into my life daily at various times throughout the day.
I thought I'd share some of the ways I make Reiki a part of my daily life for those of you seeking to make the energy a bigger part of yours, as well.
- I give myself Reiki daily. Often, I don't even realize I'm doing it until I notice as I am sitting and petting the dogs or driving my car down the road that I have one hand placed somewhere on a body part and I feel the warmth coming from my hands and the well-being washing over me. But I also try to channel Reiki to myself with intention daily, even if only for five minutes.
- When I hurt myself, my first response is always to place my hand(s) over the injury site and channel Reiki.
- I channel Reiki to my pets daily.
- I channel Reiki to my electronics.
- I channel Reiki before I start work with the intention my writing be of high integrity and serve the highest and greatest good.
- I send Reiki energy for the highest and greatest good any time I am concerned about something that is happening on the planet.
- I channel Reiki energy briefly to my food and drink.
- Any time I get in my car, which is 10 years old and has about 200,000 miles on it now, I channel Reiki to my car.
- Whenever I travel, I channel Reiki to my mode of transport, as well as channeling Reiki in spaces where I work or stay as I travel.
- I channel Reiki to my plants, as well as to the water I give them.
- I channel Reiki to people anytime they ask me to.
- I channel Reiki during meditation, affirmations, and visualization to deepen my experience.
- I channel Reiki to myself during Savasana after yoga and Nia.
- I use Reiki to cleanse my crystal jewelry I wear.
- I channel Reiki to my bath water before I bathe.
- I channel Reiki into my home to shift energetic conditions.
- Before every class I teach, I channel Reiki to the space to cleanse it.
- I meditate briefly on the 5 Principles of Reiki daily and always intend to keep them as the guiding principles in my life.
- Any time I enter a space that feels off energetically, I channel Reiki to it.
As Reiki practitioners, you will find your own way to incorporate Reiki energy into your life, as well. Hopefully by learning a few of mine, you will find ways you can make channeling Reiki a practice in your life, as well.